infant massage instruction
The practice of infant massage can be deeply rewarding and offers new ways to connect and communicate with your baby. Infant massage is the art of using nurturing touch in a sequence of moves which can increase parent-infant bonding, while enhancing healthy growth and development in your child.
Massage is appropriate for children of any age. However, the way you introduce massage to your child will vary depending on his/her age, comfort level with touch, special needs and familiarity with massage. Infant massage is easy to learn and is of great benefit to both the giver and receiver.
Some of the benefits of infant massage for the baby:
- Promotes attachment in parent-infant relationships
- Strengthens and regulates the respiratory, circulatory and gastrointestinal functions
- Helps to relieve discomfort from teething, colic and gas
- Helps baby to relax and release accumulated stress
- Supports organization of the nervous system
- Helps baby sleep longer and deeper
- Helps normalize the muscle tone
- Teaches baby awareness of their body
Some of the benefits of infant massage for parents and caregivers:
- Helps caregiver to feel more confident in caring for the baby
- Enhances parent-infant communication and builds respect
- Helps ease the stress of a working parent who is separated from their baby during the day
- Parents can use infant massage to experience quality time nurturing their baby
Infant massage instruction is offered over a series of weeks allowing time for parents and infants to become familiar with massage. Inquire about scheduling infant massage instruction by filling out the form for infant massage instruction.